FREE standard shipping is available for all orders of $25 or more (Jivana Products only) within the United States & Canada.
For all other orders, the shipping options available to your area will be presented at checkout.
Want to return an unopened product? For domestic returns there are never any restocking fees and we’ll gladly refund your return shipping costs (Jivana products only).
How much will it cost to ship outside of the U.S.?
We have a flat rate of $19.50 (Jivana products only). If you are in a remote area it may be more.
- OUR HERBS CANNOT BE SHIPPED TO THESE COUNTRIES
- Africa (all countries)
- Costa Rica
- North Korea
- United Arab Emirates
Due to Health Canada’s policies, we are only able to ship to Canada under the following conditions:
- Shipments to Canada must be addressed to a Health Club Member and NOT a Company/Business name.
- Orders addressed to a single Health Club Member can only receive up to a 90 day supply within a 90 day period.
Failure to comply will result in the package being held, returned and/or contents removed by Health Canada. We cannot be responsible for any seized or returned package due to an individual’s non-compliance with Health Canada regulations.
Canada – CITES (Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora)
CITES is an agency which monitors the importation of endangered plant and animal species into Canada.
- CITES Endangered Species list is based on endangered status of plants in Canada. Very often, an herb will be endangered in one area of the world while the US supply is abundant. Endangered herb potentials within the US are regularly monitored, and our herbal formulations are based on the US supply. Therefore some of our formulas may not be in compliance with CITES restrictions.
- The CITES Endangered Species list is a 450+ page document that frequently changes, as plants can be endangered one season and abundant the next. Jivana is not responsible for monitoring this list. Please compare your order to this list to ensure all items ordered are in compliance.
- While any herbal product containing any species on the CITES endangered list could be confiscated at the border, Customs departments are very inconsistent. Whether or not an item will be seized can depend on which customs office the package arrives in, and even which agent inspects the package within a customs office. Because these variables are beyond our control, Jivana will not be responsible for items confiscated by Customs, or for shipping charges on packages refused at Customs.
We strongly suggest that all Canadian Members check with their local customs offices prior to placing orders to ensure their items are in compliance with CITES and any other import restrictions.
International Tariff Disclaimer
If you have chosen to ship your order outside the United States, please note that the prices do not include customs fees, taxes, duties or tariffs.
It is your responsibility to pay these fees at the time of delivery or to contact your country’s appropriate authority to discuss or dispute such fees. Please allow your order time to pass through customs procedures; an order will not be considered “lost” until 60 days from the date your order shipped. We are unable to process, credit or reship merchandise until the 60 day period has passed.
What happens if Customs seizes my package?
Unfortunately, we cannot issue a refund of any kind for orders seized, damaged or destroyed by Customs unless the order is returned back to our fulfillment center undamaged. In that event, refunds issued will be for the cost of the merchandise only; shipping costs will not be reimbursed.
Please note: If the cost to return a rejected package to our fulfillment center exceeds the value of the order, we’ll instruct the carrier to destroy the package and we will be unable to issue a refund of any kind.
By continuing with checkout, you acknowledge and agree with this disclaimer.